| 1 comments ]


Normally a player, when he sees that the situation is 4-1, 30-0 and the other one is serving against him, they would think that they've lost the match,” said Robredo. “But then Marat let me break, and so I went to 4-2, and then I went 4-3. At 5-4, my serve, he made some mistakes. That's when I was able to go 5-all. We were still quite close, and it was really only on 6-5 that I realized that had match was going my way.

Obviously when I won the second set I thought that it was my time right now, because I know Marat,” Robredo explained. “When things like that happen to him, maybe sometimes it's tough for him to keep playing the same level. In the first game, I had 0-15 and a couple of chances to win the points, and then I did stupid mistakes. But then the second time he was serving I broke him, and that was helpful for the end of the match.
-Tommy Robredo on his comeback 2-6 7-6(5) 6-2 win over Marat Safin

(Image: AP)

1 comments

Anonymous said... @ April 29, 2009 at 10:59 AM

oh marat, we do love the 'complicated' ones don't we?

Post a Comment