| 1 comments ]



In a stunning event, Rafael Nadal lost to Robin Soderling in the fourth round 6-2 6-7(2) 6-4 7-6(2). It is Nadal’s first loss at Roland Garros ever, and snaps his 30-consecutive match wins and also denies him of his historic, fifth-consecutive championship title at the tournament. His and Djokovic’s losses now opens the tournament draw dramatically for a lot of people. Federer just might win the title that has alluded him for years.

Nadal has no excuses for his loss, except that he did not play well:

So was my fault, and more than ‑‑ well, sure, he did well. He did very well, but I didn't ‑‑ yeah. I think I didn't play my best tennis. And I didn't play not my best tennis, no? I didn't play my tennis, and for that reason I lose. That's it.

I congratulate him and keep working hard for the next tournament.
Poor thing.The Spaniard will be 23 this Wednesday, and there will be plenty of time for more grand slams.

(Image: FFT)

1 comments

Denise said... @ June 2, 2009 at 7:22 PM

For real.

Post a Comment