| 2 comments ]

Dmitry Tursunov won his sixth career title and his maiden grass title. The Russian surpassed Canadian qualifier Frank Dancevic 6-3 7-6(5) after 82 minutes of play. Tursunov denied the Canadian of his first career title.

Despite winning the title, Tursunov injured his ankle towards the end of the match. Asked if his it will affect him at the all-England club:

I am definitely going to try to come out, unless I am going to be on crutches. Even then I will try to come out.
The title win gives the Russian some momentum for Wimbledon, and Tursunov definitely agrees:
It's a good win and it doesn't matter what surface it is on. Playing on grass can be tough because we only get three or four weeks on it, but it seems like a good surface for me. It's human nature to want to beat someone whether it's Eastbourne, Wimbledon or a Futures or Challenger event. And it's given me some practice on grass which is very important in the lead-in to Wimbledon.
(Image: AP)

2 comments

Anonymous said... @ June 20, 2009 at 7:00 PM

I love Dima. And he is a perfect 10

Denise said... @ June 21, 2009 at 6:43 PM

You need to start a fan club.

Post a Comment