| 1 comments ]



German veteran Tommy Haas is now a Yankee. Haas was naturalized as a US citizen on January 27th. Since making the States his home and obtaining a green card in 2004, the tennis star finally took the plunge
:

For my part, I am proud to have ventured this step in my life. Many famous people like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Marlene Dietrich, Albert Einstein, Monica Seles or Ivan Lendl, one of my greatest idols, haven taken this step before me and now I'm finally a part of this group as well.
In becoming an American, Haas maintains a dual citizenship and retains his German passport. He will continue to play for the German Davis Cup team for now, which opens the possibility of him playing for the US team sometime in the future. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for that prospect.

(Via tennis.com)

1 comments

Anonymous said... @ February 3, 2010 at 9:48 PM

he looks just as damn good as an american as he did as a german, just don't start wearing underwear.

Post a Comment